Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tuesday! (read directions if you haven't)

Tuesday- Most Important Verse

Wow, I don’t even know where to begin here. Most of the verses seem important to me in some way or another. If I had to choose, I would say that verse six seems like the most likely candidate.

“When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.” (NIV)

This is the murder in the movie. This is the point where everyone’s going “no! don’t do it! there’s another way!”

This is me.

This is my story.

I eat the fruit quite often.

Why do I do it? The same reason they did it, the same reason most people do it. Because I think that my way is better. Because I don’t trust God that He knows what’s best for me. The same reason I bought a motorcycle when my dad told me not too. The same reason I have 30 music credits in college and I’m not a music major. Because I think I know more about my situations then my father or Father does. I come from a long line of screw ups, maybe you do too? Mine dates back all the way to this story in the Bible. I know what it takes to follow God, what He want’s from me, yet, much of the time, I’m looking at my circumstances thinking, “how can we both get what we want? how can I twist this scenario just enough to get the pleasure without the pain? How close to the line can I get without crossing it?” I look at it from the eyes of the actor in the movie, not from the director’s point of view.

Have you been there?

Do you know what I’m talking about? Chances are, you do. Does this verse speak to you like it does to me? I fall just as hard as they did. I bet it hurts just as much too. And who’s left picking up the pieces? I feel like I am because I’m in debt. Because my friends are mad at me. Because I have to apologize to people. Because I have the scar, or the kid, or the prison cell, or whatever.

In reality,

Jesus is the one who picked up the pieces for us. He fixed our problems so we wouldn’t have too. Because there’s no way in Hell we could. Because God loves us more than any of His other creations. Thank God (literally) that He had and has our backs. So what do we do with that?

Tomorrow,

the sun will rise, we will wake up, God will give us another chance.

Because He loves us

unconditionally.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that was one of the most solid, good one point:one verse messages I've ever read.
    props!

    oh.. and that's totally my story too!

    ReplyDelete