Monday, March 30, 2009

Friday

yeah I know... I got busy and didn't finish this series 2 weeks ago when I was supposed too.

Friday- Adam and Eve’s Perspective


I trusted God completely, I had no reason not too. I knew that He would always provide for me and my wife. He created us and gave us this perfect world to live in. The only thing He told us was we were not allowed to eat fruit from one tree, I didn’t think much of it, He gave us everything else to have. I was at peace with Him and my wife. We were very happy. We didn’t even want anything else.


Then that serpent came, he told us that God was lying to us, that if we ate the fruit then we wouldn’t die, that God just didn’t want us to be like Him and see good and evil.


God wanted us to be blind.


We thought, “if God truly loved us so much then why would He withhold something like this from us?” We didn’t think it was that bad, I mean, the fruit looked so delicious, could something that looked that good really be bad? Besides, we wanted the wisdom that the serpent told us it would give us.


So we ate it.


The serpent was right, our eyes were definitely opened. We saw good and evil, mostly we saw evil. We realized that we were naked, that we were dirty.


We learned what “innocent” meant...


We learned that we were not.


We learned that satan lied, we didn’t gain wisdom, well, not the good kind. What could we do after that, our world wasn’t bliss like before, it was taken away from us in the blink of an eye, we entered this life long downward spiral. We had to do something! God would see us naked! We had to hide! He was coming, He would see us!


What could we do?


We made clothes from leaves, we hid in the bushes. We felt so shameful.


This is not what I was promised. If I could only go back, but I can’t. This is not what I wanted. I was betrayed. We were the first two people in the world to feel bad, guilty, shameful...


naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment