Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday...

Thursday- My Understanding of What Jesus Did.


I think I kinda jumped the gun and answered this on Wednesday but what can I say, I got excited.


Jesus did what we obviously cannot and did not do! He lived sinlessly. We are confined to it, you can try as hard as you want to be perfect but you will eventually fall, you will give in at some point. He did not! He is endurance! Like I said earlier, He is the stronghold for all of mankind. Actually, God knows that we aren’t perfect. If He didn’t then He wouldn’t have given us Jesus. This doesn’t mean that we have a free ticket to do what we want but what it does mean is that, whatever we did, it’s been fixed. What Jesus asked of us was to let Him bare our burdens, to follow Him and He will take care of the rest.


What a relief it is knowing it isn’t about what we do,


but about what He did, and does.


He asks for our best, but for me, my best wasn’t good enough. Well He took my best, and then filled in the gaps, He exchanged my failures for His fulfillments. Paul calls the followers “saints” not “sinners,” well if we are all sinners then how can we be saints? We are saints because through Jesus’ sacrifice the sin is taken away.


Back to the story. When Adam and Eve chose to sin, and corrupt the perfection of God, mankind needed a scapegoat, we needed someone to take the fall for what we did. Naturally, it would be the criminal who paid the penalty, but God’s love for His children was so strong that He chose His Son to die in the place of us. Jesus paid that penalty for us.

1 comment:

  1. this was all good but the third paragraph really stuck to me. like we're now saints not sinners. that's awesome. I was told throughout my childhood and even after that a Christian is nothing more than a sinner saved by grace. while I get their point, which is true that we are just like everone else, the only difference is Jesus. but that's a big difference! the fact is we aren't sinners anymore! we may sin... but we aren't sinners. in the same way a lost person may live morally upright and not be a saint. Jesus makes the difference, and it's a big one.

    ReplyDelete